Thursday, May 1, 2014

My vow to you.... Aug 31, 2013

 
 

My dearest Sean,
As I stand before you, I am overwhelmed again by our Father's goodness - and I am so grateful we are here - today - together.
 
I've told you before that I want to be a good wife. If you had asked me what exactly that looked like, and I wasn't quite sure.
 
So I dug through God's Word, and as I did, I saw with fresh eyes what God has to say about a wife's character.  I found words like pure, cautious, frugal, sensitive, wise, refined, sensible, honorable and unblemished.  I realized that I don't want to be a good wife...I want to be a great wife, a wife after God's own heart...the wife God has purposed me to be.
 
And so, it is with those characteristics in mind that I make this pledge to you.  
 
With God's help:
 
  • I promise to be a faithful wife, to be honest with you - even it's painful. 
  • I will honor you and respect you as my husband and God-given companion. 
  • I will trust you, because I know I can trust my Father, who gave you to me. 
  • I will celebrate with you in good times and share a tissue box with you when times aren't so great. 
  • In times when it's needed, I will forgive you because I have been forgiven much. 
  • I will walk by your side, helping you and encouraging you, through the best and the worst of all of our tomorrow's for as long as God gives us breath.
I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow, for I am greatly loved.

No comments: