As is sometimes the case in marriage, or even in life, one can get annoyed by the littlest things. Things that, when viewed in the scheme of eternity, are absolutely the most minute and utterly ridiculous things ever. And sometimes God uses those things, the little irritants, to mold us and shape us into the person He has always destined for us to be.
Take for instance something, anything, that your spouse does that irritates you. If you let us, it can drive you completely insane. It doesn't really matter what the annoyance is. You can let that come between you & your spouse, and worse yet, come between you & God. Or you can choose to let that irritant drive you *to* your spouse and your God.
This morning I was really annoyed about something really petty. You see, my husband usually gets me a tall cup of coffee ready in the morning for me to take to work. Something amazing, right?! YES!!! But this morning was crazy, and on my drive to work, I was saying to myself, "I can't believe he didn't get me a cup of coffee! Doesn't he know I need that?! I can't believe I had to make my own coffee..." Etc, etc. Selfish, huh?! Yep.
The Spirit spoke to me and nudged me about how selfish I was, and how I had allowed myself to not be thankful *for* this sweet man who gives me coffee everyday! So I began to silently pray for my husband, thanking the Lord for him and how hard he works to provide for our family, not just our needs - but our wants as well.
So, I got to work, and after a few minutes I took a big gulp of the coffee I had poured for myself. UGH!!! It was so gross!!! I didn't have creamer this morning, so I tried to ad-lib. It was disgusting. I pushed it aside & thought "Oh, well. It'll have to wait until after work!"
About 5 minutes later, my husband walked through the door with a McDonalds caramel coffee & oatmeal. My favorite breakfast. Ever.
I immediately knew that this was my Father's gift to me. This breakfast. This coffee. This amazing man standing in front of me, with a gift of love. I hadn't said a word. But started to cry in the knowledge that my Father gave me all of this.
He is good. And gives us what we need. And then some.

No comments:
Post a Comment